My weekly rant:
1. Good thing we have the "most transparent administration ever." Yep. Good thing. Cuz if we didn't, then I'd definitely be worried about all this Libya stuff. And General Petreus and all that stuff. But, since I know we have the most open and honest and transparent administration ever, I know the facts will all come out and we, the American people, will get the truth we deserve. You can bet on it.
hahaha. I tried to say it with a straight face.
2. You know how I mentioned in my last post that I was in mourning? Going through the grieving process? It's true. I am. And what are the 7 stages of grief?
1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
2. PAIN & GUILT-
3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION-
5. THE UPWARD TURN-
6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE
Ummmm...I am currently in the third stage--anger and bargaining. I am past the shock. Past the pain. I am mad as hell. Mad at Obama. Mad at the people who voted for him. Mad at the media for not vetting this guy (again!!) and for allowing such a false narrative of Romney to persist. Mad at the people who could've spoken out about this pathetic joke of a presidency, and didn't. I'm just mad. And I am dreading the fourth stage: depression. I'm not so worried about my own emotional depression, as I am about the country's. Because I fear that that is what is going to happen--further recession and depression.
3. Now, I'm no statistician, but I did take a couple Stats classes in college--and my roommate in college was a Stats major (Hi, Steph!), so that pretty much makes me an expert. I have looked at these numbers from the election. The exit polls, the precinct and county results in various states, etc. I thought it on election night, and I continue to believe it: These numbers don't make sense. These precincts where Romney got zero votes....the counties with over 100% turnout. The fact that Obama fought so hard against voter ID laws in the swing states and ended up winning the states that didn't have them. Voter fraud is well documented. There are people on oath talking about how they've manipulated electronic voter tabulations. And I don't put anything past any of these thugs. Vote early and vote often, right?
So....I'm not saying he DID steal the election....but I'm not saying he didn't either.
If that makes me some kooky conspiracy nut--then so be it.
4. All this tax increase talk? How stupid are we? I've said it before, and I'll say it again---you could tax all the millionaires in the country at 100% , and you could let the Bush tax cuts expire, and you still won't make a dent in our deficit. This is a spending problem. Not a revenue problem. Sure, it made a great talking point for the Dems to vilify the rich and tell them they weren't paying their "fair share," and play class warfare, but now that the election is over, how about we actually deal with facts...since we certainly didn't deal with them during the campaign. Spending. Entitlements. That is where the problems are. Not revenue.
5. And speaking of Washington, let me speak to the dear electorate of Washington state: You're stupid. Again. You have a chance to elect a smart, highly respected, competent governor. And what do you do? You elect a total doofus. DOOFUS. Seriously. I guess we're not known as the pothead state for nothing.
I tire of pretty much every candidate and initiative I vote for losing in this place. I hate losing.
6. My daughter's school is going to see the Nutcracker as a field trip. Cool, right? Yes! They have room for like 15 chaperones. And apparently this is a very popular field trip for chaperones. So, you have to actually fill out an application to be a chaperone. And I don't mean like an application to do a background check and all that stuff. It's basically like a job application. Explain why you're qualified to do this. What do you bring to the fieldtrip table? What skills do you bring to this fieldtrip? I'm not mocking. (well, maybe a little bit). I understand why they do it. But it does make me laugh.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
My weekly rant:
Posted by Kamilli Vanilli at 10:11 AM